Associate Professor of Law
B.A. with Honors and with Distinction, Iowa State University, 2004
J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2007
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: (405) 325-0537
• Twitter: @design_law
• Tumblr: http://design-law.tumblr.com
• Professor Burstein's Scholarship: http://ssrn.com/author=1616651 (opens in new window)
• Link: Professor Burstein’s CV (PDF, opens in new window)
• OU Desire2Learn: https://learn.ou.edu/index.asp
Professor Burstein joined the University of Oklahoma College of Law faculty in 2012. She teaches Copyright, Design Law and Civil Procedure I/II.
Prior to joining the faculty, Professor Burstein served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert W. Pratt in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa. She also worked as an intellectual property litigation associate in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Professor Burstein has a law degree from the University of Chicago and B.A. in Art & Design from Iowa State University.
Professor Burstein’s scholarship focuses on design law, with a particular focus on design patents. She has participated, by invitation, in design law conferences at the University of Oxford, Stanford Law School and the Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law. And she currently serves as chair of the ABA Design Committee.
Recent and Upcoming Presentations (all links open in new windows):
- NYU Colloquium on Innovation Policy, New York University School of Law (Feb. 2015)
- ABA-IPL 30th Annual Intellectual Property Conference (Mar. 2015)
- 2015 IP Scholars Roundtable, Drake University Law School (Mar. 2015)
- Boston Intellectual Property Colloquium, Suffolk University Law School (Apr. 2015)