Associate Professor of Law
B.A. with Honors and with Distinction, Iowa State University, 2004
J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2007
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: (405) 325-0537
• Twitter: @design_law
• Tumblr: http://design-law.tumblr.com
• Professor Burstein's Scholarship: http://ssrn.com/author=1616651 (opens in new window)
• Link: Professor Burstein’s CV (PDF, opens in new window)
• OU Desire2Learn: https://learn.ou.edu/index.asp
Professor Burstein joined the University of Oklahoma College of Law faculty in 2012. She teaches Intellectual Property, Trademarks, Copyright and Design Law. She also coaches the International Trademark Association (INTA) Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition team.
Prior to joining the faculty, Professor Burstein served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert W. Pratt in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa. She also worked as an intellectual property litigation associate in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Professor Burstein has a law degree from the University of Chicago and B.A. in Art & Design from Iowa State University.
Professor Burstein’s scholarship focuses on design law, with a particular focus on design patents. She has participated, by invitation, in design law conferences at the University of Oxford, Stanford Law School, the Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, and ETH Zurich. Professor Burstein also serves as Chair of the ABA Design Committee and Chair of the AALS Section on Art Law. She is also a member of the INTA Design Rights Committee.
Selected Recent & Upcoming Presentations
- Asia-Pacific IP Forum, University of Washington School of Law (Feb. 2016)
- Works-in-Progress Intellectual Property Colloquium, University of Washington School of Law (Feb. 2016)
- Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property Symposium (Mar. 2016)
- Oklahoma Bar Association Intellectual Property Section Seminar (June 2016)