Associate Professor of Law
B.A. with Honors and with Distinction, Iowa State University, 2004
J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2007
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: (405) 325-0537
• Twitter: @design_law
• Tumblr: http://design-law.tumblr.com
• Professor Burstein's Scholarship: http://ssrn.com/author=1616651 (opens in new window)
• Link: Professor Burstein’s CV
• OU Desire2Learn: https://learn.ou.edu/index.asp
Professor Burstein joined the University of Oklahoma College of Law faculty in 2012. She teaches Intellectual Property, Trademarks, Copyright and Patents. She also coaches the International Trademark Association (INTA) Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition team.
Prior to joining the faculty, Professor Burstein served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert W. Pratt in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa. She also worked as an intellectual property litigation associate in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Professor Burstein has a law degree from the University of Chicago and B.A. in Art & Design from Iowa State University.
Professor Burstein’s scholarship focuses on design law, with a particular focus on design patents. She has participated, by invitation, in design law conferences at the University of Oxford, Stanford Law School, the Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, and ETH Zurich. Professor Burstein also serves as Chair of the ABA Design Committee and Chair of the AALS Section on Art Law. She is also a member of the INTA Design Rights Committee.
Selected Recent & Upcoming Presentations
- Design law conference, Waseda University (Mar. 2017)
- Fifth Asia-Pacific IP Forum, Kanazawa University (Mar. 2017)
- PatCon 7: The Annual Patent Conference, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law (April 2017)
- Design2 Conference, NYU School of Law (May 2017)
Transparency disclosure: Performed two hours of paid consulting work in October 2016 for the Quality Parts Coalition.