Beginning Fall 2014, The University of Oklahoma College of Law will be the first law school in the country to launch a College-wide Digital Initiative, designed to prepare students for success in the digital world.
Tomorrow’s most talented lawyers must be proficient with technology. They will research, annotate, organize, and present in the digital medium. From the office to the boardroom to the courtroom, they must be skillful in employing software applications to enhance their effectiveness and efficiency.
With the digital initiative, our students will learn the law through the immersive use of technology. As the keystone, every single student at OU Law will be provided with an iPad, at no cost to our students. The iPad provides a common tool and platform. The College-wide scale of this project will foster collaboration and facilitate instructional innovation.
OU Law is committed to innovation in legal education to maximize our students’ competitive edge in the market. Our digital initiative will produce professionals who thrive in the new digital world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Useful iPad Apps for Law School
- NOTE: The College of Law will be purchasing apps for all law students, including Office, Notability, and others.
- Essential iPad Apps for OU Law Students - College of Law
- Useful iPad Apps - OU Center for Teaching Excellence
- Useful iPad Apps for Legal Practice
- Every Legal App for the iPhone and iPad
Key Websites for iPads in Legal Practice
Key Articles on iPad Use in Legal Practice
- Dropbox for Lawyers and Law Firms (2014)
- Using iPad in Your Law Practice (2014) (1 hour video) by Tom Mighell
- A Public Defender And Her iPad
- Lawyer iPad Stories - business litigation, estate planning, collections, family, and employment law
- iPad Apps for Lawyers and Law Firms
- I Submit My iPad as Exhibit A..., ABA Law Practice Magazine (2014)
College of Law
University of Oklahoma
300 Timberdell Road
Norman, Oklahoma 73019