Library Guide and Maps
Law Library Facilities
The 52,600-square-foot Law Library spans two floors. The main floor includes the circulation desk, reference desk and the Oklahoma and native peoples special collections. The main computer lab and Chapman Great Reading Room are also located on the main floor. The top floor contains four Inasmuch Foundation multimedia study rooms, the journal collection, the Rare Books Rooms and the main collection of books, which are arranged in Library of Congress call number order. The administrative offices of the Law Library are on the west side of the top floor in Room 3112.
- 1L Study Resources - Provides a starting point for 1Ls looking for study aids that may assist them with their law school classes.
- Agricultural Law - Print and online sources for agricultural law.
- Feminist Jurisprudence Research - Directs researchers to books, journals, databases, bibliographies, and internet resources available in this subject area.
- Finding and Researching Law-Related Paper Topics - Helps studens locate legal databases useful for identifying paper topics.
- Guide to Oklahoma Statutes - Explains how to access and research Oklahoma statutes in pring and on OSCN.net.
- Law Library - Databases - A-Z List - Presents a list of the Law Library's databases organized alphabetically. An asterisk (*) indicates that the database is limited to law faculty, staff, and students.
- Law Library - Databases By Subject - Presents a list of the Law Library's databases organized by subject for legal research. An asterisk (*) indicates that the database is limited to law faculty, staff, and students.
- Law Review Cite Checking Resources - Directs law review cite checkers to relevant databases which contain PDF versions of sources as required by The Bluebook.
- Legislative History: A Guide for the State of Oklahoma (2011) - Provides a description of the state legislative process, as well as a summary of both primary and secondary sources useful in compiling Oklahoma legislative histories. By Darla Jackson (Legal Reference Services Quarterly, 30:1-2, 119-126)
- Locating Law-Related Paper Topics - Provides guidance on how to locate current issues that can serve as the focus of law journal articles and seminar papers.
- Moot Court Resources - A useful guide for members of moot court and competition teams. Includes information on legal brief writing, oral advocacy, legal research, locating briefs, court rules, and much more.
- Native American Law Review Cite Checking Guide - Directs law review cite checkers to relevant databases which contain PDF versions of sources as required by The Bluebook. Prepared by Marilyn Nicely, Head of Technical Servicese
- Native American Law Research - An annotated guide to resources in Native American Law, including special sections on online resources, treaties, case law, and tribal law. Prepared by Marilyn Nicely, Head of Technical Services.
- Oil & Gas, Energy, and Natural Resources Law - Describes resources useful for researching Oil & Gas Law, Energy and Natural Resources Law, with particular focus on resources availible in print or online at the Donald E. Pray Law Library.
- Oklahoma Court Decisions/State Cases - Explains how to access Oklahoma court decisions in print and on OSCN.net.
- Oklahoma Legislative History - Describes how a bill becomes a law in Oklahoma, and how to track the background (hsitory) of a specific law from its inception as an introduced bill.
- Supreme Court of the United States - Resource Guide - Presents resources and guidance for undergraduate and law students researching the United States Supreme Court.
Database Spotlights are short guides to finding materials online and in the Law Library.
New Books and Databases List
NOTE: All links below are PDFs and open in new windows.
For older editions of the New Books and Databases List, please contact Elaine Bradshaw, Catalog/Computer Services Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westlaw and Lexis New Titles and Deletions
Donald E. Pray Law Library
University of Oklahoma College of Law
300 Timberdell Road
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-0701
Administrative Office: (405) 325-4311
Reference Desk: (405) 325-5268
Circulation Desk: (405) 325-5493
Fax: (405) 325-6282