OU Law students, faculty and staff serve the local community through the OU Legal Clinic. The clinic provides pro bono services for economically eligible clients in Cleveland and McClain counties in both civil and criminal issues. The clinic can only take on a limited number of cases, and new cases are only added at specific times of the year. Contact the Legal Clinic at (405) 325-3702 for additional information.
Since the clinic cannot represent all persons needing legal assistance, other resources may be options for you:.
- If you need legal advice or assistance on a civil matter within Oklahoma, contact Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma at www.legalaidok.org (opens in a new window) or call 1-888-534-5243.
- If you need legal advice or assistance on a criminal matter within Oklahoma, contact the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System at www.state.ok.us/~oids/ (opens in a new window).
- To find an attorney in Oklahoma, reference the "Finding a Lawyer" page on the Oklahoma Bar Association Web site at www.okbar.org (opens in a new window).
- If you are not in Oklahoma, check your state's Bar Association's website for resources. You can look for your state at the American Bar Association's directory at www.abanet.org/barserv/stlobar.html (opens in a new window).
- If none of these can help you, you will need to seek legal counsel locally. You can normally check the Yellow Pages of your local phone book under the section Attorneys, or you can check the Web site of your state's Bar Association (see above).
- If you need assistance in your own Legal Research, you can visit the Donald E. Pray Law Library at the OU Law Center or call reference desk at (405) 325-4311.