MLS Indigenous Peoples Law Overview
Located in the heart of the original Indian Territory, the OU College of Law provides an ideal environment for the study of Native American law and issues concerning indigenous peoples. The MLS in Indigenous Peoples Law builds on the American Indian Law Certificate offered to juris doctor students, but has been specifically designed by the OU Law faculty for non-lawyers whose careers demand an understanding of the complex rules of Federal Indian law.
This program offers an accelerated program (15 months) that can be taken entirely online. This program offers a strong foundation in Native American Law for anyone who deals with contracts, negotiations or any other issues that demand knowledge of Native American self-governance issues, policy, regulation or business practice.
Here are the benefits of the Master of Legal Studies in Indigenous Peoples Law:
- Indigenous Peoples Expertise. With each course designed by the Faculty at OU Law, this program offers the opportunity to acquire broad knowledge of Indigenous Peoples Law as well as a business perspective to apply to economic and professional matters impacting your career.
- Flexible delivery on your time. Study when and where you want with the online format and complete the program in 15 months. Either way, you will be applying your knowledge quickly.
- Incredible Student Experience. Small class sizes ensure each student gets personal attention. Plus, the cohort-based model ensures you build strong connections with your classmates and learn from their experiences.
- International Experts on the Faculty. Each Faculty member was carefully selected based on their experience and expertise in Native American law. This group will challenge you, collaborate with you and provoke you to think deeply about how law impacts Indigenous Peoples.
- Strong Networks Impact Your Life and Career. The University of Oklahoma has tremendous opportunities for those interested in Indigenous Peoples and Native American Studies. With one of the largest Native American Studies programs at the undergraduate level, you will find leading programs and scholars across the university.