OU Law is at the forefront in its offering of legal courses focused on energy and natural resources. With more than 100 years of energy education experience and many energy and natural resources companies headquartered in Oklahoma, the MLS in Oil, Gas, and Energy Law is specifically designed for non-lawyers whose careers demand an understanding of energy related legal issues.
The MLS in Oil, Gas, and Energy Law program is an online, 32 credit hour graduate degree that can be completed in 15 months. The degree program offers a competitive advantage to anyone in the energy industry that negotiates oil and gas contracts, deals with mineral rights or real estate transactions, or works closely with energy attorneys.
- Energy and Natural Resources Expertise: Practical legal knowledge for non-lawyers in the energy industry. Each class has been vetted with the energy industry to ensure its applicability for land, legal, and operations.
- Flexible Delivery on Your Schedule: Study when and where you want with our online format. Plus, you can complete the program in 15 months while you continue working, allowing you to share real-world examples with your classmates and apply your education quickly.
- Incredible Student Experience: Small class sizes ensure each student gets personal attention. In addition, the cohort-based model forges strong connections with your classmates and allows you to learn from their experiences.
- Faculty Experts: Students in the program are taught by OU Law faculty and adjunct faculty carefully selected for their experience and expertise in oil, gas, and energy law. Many of the faculty are currently practicing attorneys that focus on oil and gas law.
- Strong Networks Impact Your Life and Career: The University of Oklahoma has more than 100 years experience in providing energy education. OU Law has strong expertise in energy law and can also rely on top energy prorgrams in the Price College of Business and the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy. Each college has a strong graduate network within energy companies that our alumni can acccess.
Accelerate your career advancement with a graduate degree from OU Law in Oil, Gas, and Energy Law. Contact us for more information or to request a call from an OU Law representative.