University of Oklahoma College of Law alumni found a unique way to give back to Oklahoma City essential workers, local restaurants and those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Partner at Evans & Davis law firm, John D. Weaver (’04) and his wife donated $1000 to Birra Birra, a local Oklahoma City pizza restaurant, to create an open tab for those in need.
“After I posted on Facebook about the tab, my law partner Mitch McCuistian and his wife started a tab at VZD’s and then it snowballed from there,” said Weaver. “Our law partners, Dustin Davis and Bryan Evans also made generous donations,”
The list of people willing to open $1000 tabs at a favorite restaurant began to grow with unexpected momentum.
The charitable giving arrangements are determined independently between the restaurant and donors. However, the sense of community is apparent as the list of donations continues to grow. Weaver and McCuistian hope that others will participate and start tabs at their favorite restaurants or help out in other ways.
The running list of people or businesses that have participated includes the following:
From Evans & Davis firm:
- John David Weaver - Birra Birra
- Mitch McCuistian- VZD
- Dustin Davis - Bistro 22
- Bryan Evans - Broadway 10
- Landon Long – Café 501
Our friends & professional partners:
- Jerry & Patsy Cline - VZD
- Scott Fischer - VZD
- Matt Pollock - S&B Burger N. May
- Rich Barnard - S&B S. Walker
- Brian Knight - Deep Deuce Grill
- Aaron Budd - Del Rancho
- L. Myles Smith - Osteria
- Jim Knight - Sisserou’s
- Ryan & Angie Ward - Empire Slice
- Lynn & Shelly Quimby - Cuppies & Joe
- Joanna McCool - Alfredo’s
- State Representatives Ryan Martinez, Lewis Moore, Mike Osburn and Adam Pugh - Othello's Hidalgo's & Farmstead Café
- Sam Moses - R Bar
- Audif & Katie Winters - 1492 Midtown
- Bart Terrell - Coffee Jerks
Outside of Oklahoma:
- Eye Experience - Dolci Paradiso
- Tyler Nohr - Roxx on Main - Mt. Pleasant, CA
- Emerson Heating & Cooling - Florence Pizza, MA
More News & Media
Veterans Day Tribute to OU College of Law Service Members
This Veterans Day, as we honor and remember the men and women who have selflessly served their country, we recognize members of the OU Law community who have also chosen the path of military service...
University of Oklahoma College of Law Named a Top 5 “Best Value” Law School
The University of Oklahoma College of Law has been ranked fifth in the nation out of more than 200 law schools as a “Best Value” law school , according to National Jurist magazine. OU Law is the only Oklahoma law school in the top 10.
OU Law Professor Evelyn Mary Aswad Elected as New Member to The American Law Institute
The American Law Institute recently announced the election of 36 new members, including Evelyn Mary Aswad, University of Oklahoma College of Law professor and Herman G. Kaiser Chair in International Law.