University of Oklahoma College of Law alumni found a unique way to give back to Oklahoma City essential workers, local restaurants and those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Partner at Evans & Davis law firm, John D. Weaver (’04) and his wife donated $1000 to Birra Birra, a local Oklahoma City pizza restaurant, to create an open tab for those in need.
“After I posted on Facebook about the tab, my law partner Mitch McCuistian and his wife started a tab at VZD’s and then it snowballed from there,” said Weaver. “Our law partners, Dustin Davis and Bryan Evans also made generous donations,”
The list of people willing to open $1000 tabs at a favorite restaurant began to grow with unexpected momentum.
The charitable giving arrangements are determined independently between the restaurant and donors. However, the sense of community is apparent as the list of donations continues to grow. Weaver and McCuistian hope that others will participate and start tabs at their favorite restaurants or help out in other ways.
The running list of people or businesses that have participated includes the following:
From Evans & Davis firm:
- John David Weaver - Birra Birra
- Mitch McCuistian- VZD
- Dustin Davis - Bistro 22
- Bryan Evans - Broadway 10
- Landon Long – Café 501
Our friends & professional partners:
- Jerry & Patsy Cline - VZD
- Scott Fischer - VZD
- Matt Pollock - S&B Burger N. May
- Rich Barnard - S&B S. Walker
- Brian Knight - Deep Deuce Grill
- Aaron Budd - Del Rancho
- L. Myles Smith - Osteria
- Jim Knight - Sisserou’s
- Ryan & Angie Ward - Empire Slice
- Lynn & Shelly Quimby - Cuppies & Joe
- Joanna McCool - Alfredo’s
- State Representatives Ryan Martinez, Lewis Moore, Mike Osburn and Adam Pugh - Othello's Hidalgo's & Farmstead Café
- Sam Moses - R Bar
- Audif & Katie Winters - 1492 Midtown
- Bart Terrell - Coffee Jerks
Outside of Oklahoma:
- Eye Experience - Dolci Paradiso
- Tyler Nohr - Roxx on Main - Mt. Pleasant, CA
- Emerson Heating & Cooling - Florence Pizza, MA
More News & Media
Katheleen Guzman Named Dean of the OU College of Law
The OU Board of Regents confirmed the appointment of Katheleen Guzman as the 13th Dean of the University of Oklahoma College of Law on May 27, 2021. Guzman served as the college’s interim dean...
Top 5 in National Moot Court Rankings
OU Law Ranks 5th in the Nation for Moot Court Program
Assistant OU Law Dean Selected for Oklahoma Hall of Fame Induction
NORMAN, OKLA. – The University of Oklahoma College of Law Assistant Dean Stanley L. Evans has been selected by the Oklahoma Hall of Fame for induction into its 94 th class of honorees. “...