Five OU Law professors are speaking at the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) 2019 Annual Meeting, being held this week in New Orleans. The meeting affords law faculty, deans, administrators and scholars the opportunity to connect and collaborate, discuss critical and emerging legal issues, and attend programs focused on fresh perspectives on law and legal education.
The OU Law faculty members and the sessions on which they will be speaking are as follows:
- Sarah Burstein – Intellectual Property Remedies at the Supreme Court and Worldwide, presented by the Section on Remedies, Co-Sponsored by Intellectual Property.
- Kit Johnson – Immigration Law Values, presented by the Section on Immigration Law. Professor Johnson also will moderate the Section’s session, New Voices in Immigration Law.
- Melissa Mortazavi – The Ethics of Lawyers in Government, presented by the Section on Professional Responsibility, Co-Sponsored by Leadership.
- Chris Odinet – Property Law: Works-in-Progress, presented by the Section on Property Law. Professor Odinet also will moderate the session, Access + Opportunity + Choice: Housing Capital, Equity, & Market Regulation in the Trump Era, presented by the Section on Real Estate Transactions.
- Megan Shaner – Contractual Governance: The Role of Private Ordering, presented by the Section on Business Associations, Co-Sponsored by Contracts; Securities Regulation; and Transactional Law.
The full schedule of sessions and events is available here.
More News & Media
OU Law Students Selected as Stevens
NORMAN, OKLA. – Six OU Law students have been awarded the prestigious Justice John Paul Stevens Public Interest Fellowship. Each will receive $6,000 for summer public interest work in...
OU Law Alumnus Samuel Merchant Selected as Supreme Court Fellow
Samuel Merchant,’16, University of Oklahoma College of Law alumnus and Oklahoma City native, has been selected as a 2022-2023 Supreme Court Fellow, according to an announcement by the Supreme...
OU Law to Honor Five Outstanding Alumni at Order of the Owl Hall of Fame Ceremony
The University of Oklahoma College of Law will honor five outstanding alumni at its annual Order of the Owl Hall of Fame Ceremony, Thursday, March 12. The Order of the Owl recognizes OU Law graduates who demonstrate leadership and service through outstanding accomplishments in their legal careers.