NORMAN — The University of Oklahoma College of Law will host the first Oil and Gas, Naural Resources, and Energy Journal (ONE J) Symposium Friday, April 7. This year’s theme is “The Future of Oil and Gas Law and Policy.”
“It is a special and unprecedented occasion to have the world’s top scholars in the fields of oil and gas, natural resources, and energy law gathered together for the inaugural ONE J Symposium,” said OU Law Dean Joseph Harroz Jr. “The OU College of Law is a distinct leader in this space, and we’re excited to showcase our expertise and that of our many distinguished guest speakers. This symposium adds to our unmatched programming in oil and gas, natural resources and energy law, and it promises to be a success.”
The inaugural event will consist of three panels featuring expert scholars from a variety of institutions. The topics and panelists include:
The Future of Domestic Oil and Gas Law & Policy:
- Bruce Kramer, Jack F. Maddox Professor of Law Emeritus, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Patrick Martin, professor emeritus, Louisiana State University Paul M. Herbert Law Center
- Phillip Norvell, Arkansas Bar Foundation Professor of Law, University of Arkansas School of Law
- David Pierce, Norman R. Pozez Chair in Business and Transactional Law and Professor of Law, Washburn University School of Law
- Ernest Smith, Rex G. Baker Centennial Chair in Natural Resources Law, The University of Texas School of Law
The Future of International Oil and Gas Law & Policy:
- Owen Anderson, professor emeritus and Eugene Kuntz Chair of Law in Oil, Gas and Natural Resources Emeritus, University of Oklahoma College of Law and Distinguished Oil and Gas Scholar, The University of Texas School of Law
- John Lowe, George W. Hutchison Professor of Energy Law, SMU Dedman School of Law
- David Percy, professor and Borden Ladner Gervais Chair of Energy Law and Policy, University of Alberta Faculty of Law
- Harry Sullivan, adjunct professor, SMU Dedman School of Law and Texas A&M University School of Law
Emerging Issues in Oil and Gas Law & Policy:
- Keith Hall, Campanile Charities Associate Professor of Energy Law and director, Mineral Law Institute, Louisiana State University Paul M. Herbert Law Center
- Chris Kulander, director and professor of the Oil & Gas Law Institute, South Texas College of Law Houston
- Tara Righetti, assistant professor of law, University of Wyoming College of Law
- Alex Ritchie, associate professor of law and Leon Karelitz Chair in Oil & Gas Law, University of New Mexico School of Law
“Oklahoma has a long legacy of oil and gas exploration,” said Monika Ehrman, associate professor of law, ONE program faculty head and ONE J faculty advisor. “Some of the world’s largest majors and independents were born in our state. This richness in hydrocarbons and history is a strong reason for OU Law’s strength in and commitment to oil and gas law.”
Established in 2015, Oil and Gas, Natural Resources, and Energy Journal (ONE J) is the first of its kind. The journal publishes peer-reviewed articles of the highest quality addressing legal and business issues, practices and policy developments related to the oil and gas, natural resources and energy fields. ONE J offers in-depth articles by academics, practitioners and other interested scholars. The journal is published as an online open-source publication made available free of charge to subscribers. ONE J can be accessed by visiting http://digitalcommons.law.ou.edu/onej/.
OU Law is an international leader in oil and gas, natural resources and energy law. The school offers a J.D. certificate in Energy and Natural Resources Law; a Master of Laws in Energy and Natural Resources through its John B. Turner LL.M. Program; and an online Master of Legal Studies in Oil, Gas and Energy Law. In addition to holding the ONE J Symposium, OU Law is host to the annual Eugene Kuntz Conference on Natural Resources Law and Policy, the largest conference focused on oil and gas law in the nation.
More News & Media
John Reeves to Receive Prestigious Eugene Kuntz Award
NORMAN, OKLA. – Oklahoma City attorney John Reeves will be honored with the Eugene Kuntz Award from the University of Oklahoma College of Law on Oct. 28 at the Oklahoma Oil and Gas Reception...
Mabee Foundation Honors Judge Thomas Brett, Longtime Board Member and OU Alumnus
The $2 million gift establishes the Judge Thomas Brett Endowed Scholarship Fund to aid in the recruiting and retention of students at the University of Oklahoma College of Law. NORMAN – The...
OU Law's Paralegal Certificate Program Continues Offering Synchronous and Online Courses for Fall 2021
NORMAN, OKLA. – The Department of Legal Assistant Education at the University of Oklahoma will continue to offer 100% online courses for the Fall 2021 semester in synchronous and asynchronous...